Hi Wakey and lovely Yorkshire. As you will know, the country is now back into lockdown for a third time. That means among other things all non-essential retail must close and people should stay at home. Essential retail, click & collect services and takeaway food/drink can remain open (similar to November's lockdown) and those staying open will be listed on this page .
So for Trinity Walk, our changes will basically be the same as the last lockdown:
- Essential stores open for essential visits only
- The lower level of the car park and its Marsh Way entrance will be closed so please only use our Asda Living car park entrance by Asda Living/bus station which remains open as does the top deck (see note below)
- Parking here will be 50p all day, every day for the duration of this third lockdown from Jan 6 and normal parking charges will apply again when it's lifted (remains card payments only please)
- Our toilet block will again close for lockdown as due to a temporary reduction in our team size, we won't have capacity to keep up to the strict cleaning regime of the toilets (which we take extremely seriously as you all know). However, you should only visit the centre for essentials (e.g. food/medicine) and Sainsbury's toilets remain open.
- Our cleaning of key customer touchpoints will continue throughout lockdown
- All our current Covid-19 rules and systems will remain in place such as one-way systems.
Please continue to keep hands clean, use sanitiser, social distance at all times and wear a face covering if you can inside shops/cafes to protect others.
As always, we'll be updating you all as soon as we have more information. But in the meantime please follow the very latest Government rules which will become law. See National lockdown: Stay at Home - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
For those who asked last time, we are unable to simply block of the entire slip road into the Marsh Way car park entrance because both filter lanes from the A61 go directly into our slip road. The filter lanes are public highways which we can't control and once cars are in a filter lane, you can't safely get out unless you follow them into our slip road and then turn around. We appreciate that's a long-winded explanation, but we've looked at all options and leaving space for cars to turn around on our slip road is the only viable solution (although if you come up with any others we're always happy to hear from you!).