Double decker bus-sized heart sharing the love
A Yorkshire shopping centre is sharing the love with the help of a giant pink heart suspended from its roof this Valentine’s.
Shoppers at Trinity Walk in Wakefield are being invited to stand underneath the heart – which is roughly the height of a double decker bus –on Saturday February 11 at 2pm, when a confetti cannon will rain down tickets.
There will be six special golden tickets hidden amongst them and shoppers lucky enough to catch one will win a major prize including X Factor Live tickets and a Pandora gift set.
Trinity Walk saw a record year in 2016 with footfall up 1.55% to around 11.27 million visits and this free event builds on that growth.
Lucy Grice, Marketing Manager at Trinity Walk, said: “Winter is a tough time for people – there’s not much disposable cash around and weather is often poor, which understandably doesn’t make people feel great. So we wanted to do a little something that’s different and that would put a smile on people’s faces. We had a record year in 2016 thanks to our shoppers, so this is our way of saying thanks too.
“You’ve often heard the phrase wearing your heart on your sleeve, but we’re wearing ours on our roof – so whether you win or just want to get a cool picture next to this giant pink heart and send it to a loved one, you can have some fun for free.”
The six golden ticket prizes include X Factor Live tickets in the exclusive Heart lounge at Sheffield Arena, a Pandora giftset, a Menkind drone, a VIP shopping experience and gifts from Debenhams, a meal for two at Handmade Burger Co and a £30 voucher from women’s fashion store Roman.
To find out more about the giant heart competition see www.trinitywalk.com/love
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Trinity Walk is a 560,000 sq ft shopping centre located in Wakefield city centre
- It welcomes more than 11million shoppers a year
- It is home to more than 60 stores, cafes, restaurants and services
- The centre is anchored by one of the largest Sainsbury’s superstores in the area (117,000 sq ft) and Debenhams – Wakefield’s first, modern department store
- The centre opened on May 6, 2011
- Follow Trinity Walk on Twitter @trinitywalk and Facebook facebook.com/trinitywalk
- The centre is managed by Savills